- Daily cumulative deaths by confirmed COVID-19, published by age and sex, all places of death, by occurrence date of the deaths
- Daily cumulative deaths by confirmed COVID-19, age ans sex combined, all places of death, by occurrence date of the deaths
Communication from the Ministry of Health to the Ptoukha Institute for Demography and Social Studies of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
Before reading and analysing these data, we invite readers to refer to the methodological sheets made available for each country. Three key elements are likely to have an impact on the counts in the countries:
- The place of death (home, institution, hospital): the frequency, recording and reporting according to these places may differ from one country to another (epidemiological surveillance system, recording of hospital activity, statistics on deaths by cause). In many countries, the first results only concern hospital deaths.
- The method of collection and the delay in reporting the counts: depending on the place of death or the region, the method of collection and its regularity may vary and may involve humps related to day-to-day catching up of death information (e.g. after weekends); the daily total of COVID-19 related death does not include the deaths of the day not yet reported in national statistics and includes deaths of previous days just published.
- Identification of deaths by COVID-19: the cause of death by COVID-19 can be certified by different biological tests, by clinical diagnosis, by mentioning the infection on the death certificate, etc. Patients who died in hospital were generally tested beforehand on admission. Deaths at home or in institutions can be qualified in various ways.